CLOSING DOWN SALE! TAKE 40% OFF ALL PURCHASES WHEN YOU SPEND $50 OR MORE. NO CODE NECESSARY. Due to Covid-19 please be aware that there may be delays in deliveries.
November 04, 2013
Today I am doing something completely different from my usual cards and/or scrapbook layouts. Christmas is not too far away and I have been inspired by the lovely ornaments featured in the Product Launch Guide from Close to My Heart on page 44 (Aus/NZ version).
For my ornaments I have used last month’s Stamp of the Month set Scandinavian Wishes heart image and lots of different colour inks. Here is my efforts:
They are really easy to do and the hardest part was picking colours to stamp with. Here is a quick tutorial for you to make your own.
1) Using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge cut out the heart shapes at 2 inches. I have used the fill option to fill the entire sheet and cut out 25 hearts.
2) Stamp the heart image on four shapes.
3) I used my Fiskars trimmer scoring blade (but you can use a ruler and scoring blade or whatever you have available) score down the middle of the heart and then fold the heart in half with the stamped image towards the middle.
4) On one half of a heart use a good strong glue – I have used CTMH Bonding Memories glue which bonds really quickly and then put the 2nd heart onto it and try to get it matching as much as you can.
5) Glue the other half of the heart and place the third heart onto the ornament.
6) Glue the last two sides and place the final heart onto it and making sure that you get it as close as possible to the centre of the hearts.
7) Using a piercing tool pierce a hole at the top of the hearts and then using a needle thread your string through (I have used bakers twine) and tie a knot at the base of the heart and one at the end of the twine to enable you to hang your ornament on your Christmas tree.
Voila a Christmas tree ornament!
It is so easy and I hope that you can give it a go as well.
Colonial White cardstock
Stamp of the Month set – Scandinavian Wishes
Bonding Memories Glue
Next week will be our next Australasian blog hop featuring this month’s Stamp of the Month Set – ‘Illuminate’. I can’t wait to see what everyone has done with this stamp set.
Have a good week and see you next weekend.
January 18, 2021
Kia Ora Koutou Welcome back. Delicate Impressions Details We’re excited to introduce another Glimmer Hot Foil collection! The Delicate Impressions Collection has five sets of Glimmer Hot Foil Plates. The fifth set, Heart Melt Sentiments, has four unique phrases with matching dies. The other four sets are designed to create borders and accents that can …
Continue reading A Delicate impressions Congratulations
The post A Delicate impressions Congratulations appeared first on Patricia's Creative Corner.
January 13, 2021
Kia Ora Koutou Welcome to Inspiration Wednesday at Heartfelt Creations and today sees the launch of the fabulous new Countryside Cottage collection. This is a must have collection as it has lots of elements that can be used for lots of different collections and occasions. I have started with a card for Autumn. Products used: …
Continue reading Ornate Autumn Shutterfold Card
The post Ornate Autumn Shutterfold Card appeared first on Patricia's Creative Corner.
January 11, 2021
Amazing Paper Grace has gone back to her roots with classic sewing inspired motifs! Introducing the Picot Petite Collection! Becca Feeken sent over these lovely dies for me to try. Over time we’ve had lace-inspired designs and have loved the feel of Hemstitching and Candlewicking. Reminiscent of needlework and treasured handwork proudly displayed, Becca Feeken …
Continue reading Petite Picot Congratulations
The post Petite Picot Congratulations appeared first on Patricia's Creative Corner.