CLOSING DOWN SALE! TAKE 40% OFF ALL PURCHASES WHEN YOU SPEND $50 OR MORE. NO CODE NECESSARY. Due to Covid-19 please be aware that there may be delays in deliveries.
November 04, 2013
Today I am doing something completely different from my usual cards and/or scrapbook layouts. Christmas is not too far away and I have been inspired by the lovely ornaments featured in the Product Launch Guide from Close to My Heart on page 44 (Aus/NZ version).
For my ornaments I have used last month’s Stamp of the Month set Scandinavian Wishes heart image and lots of different colour inks. Here is my efforts:
They are really easy to do and the hardest part was picking colours to stamp with. Here is a quick tutorial for you to make your own.
1) Using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge cut out the heart shapes at 2 inches. I have used the fill option to fill the entire sheet and cut out 25 hearts.
2) Stamp the heart image on four shapes.
3) I used my Fiskars trimmer scoring blade (but you can use a ruler and scoring blade or whatever you have available) score down the middle of the heart and then fold the heart in half with the stamped image towards the middle.
4) On one half of a heart use a good strong glue – I have used CTMH Bonding Memories glue which bonds really quickly and then put the 2nd heart onto it and try to get it matching as much as you can.
5) Glue the other half of the heart and place the third heart onto the ornament.
6) Glue the last two sides and place the final heart onto it and making sure that you get it as close as possible to the centre of the hearts.
7) Using a piercing tool pierce a hole at the top of the hearts and then using a needle thread your string through (I have used bakers twine) and tie a knot at the base of the heart and one at the end of the twine to enable you to hang your ornament on your Christmas tree.
Voila a Christmas tree ornament!
It is so easy and I hope that you can give it a go as well.
Colonial White cardstock
Stamp of the Month set – Scandinavian Wishes
Bonding Memories Glue
Next week will be our next Australasian blog hop featuring this month’s Stamp of the Month Set – ‘Illuminate’. I can’t wait to see what everyone has done with this stamp set.
Have a good week and see you next weekend.
September 28, 2020
Kia Ora Koutou We all love interactive and kinetic cards! Introducing the Christmas Cascade Collection! This holiday collection allows you to make a Cascading Card inside of a Shadowbox Frame, mounted on a card base or unmounted. Don’t worry, these motifs make great conventional cards as well....
The post A Sparkling Merry Christmas appeared first on Patricia's Creative Corner.
September 26, 2020
Kia Ora Koutou Welcome back and today I have another vintage look card made using the amazing Transfer Me from Dress My Craft. These are so easy to use and can be used on all sorts of projects and today I have a video...
The post Believe in yourself Vintage card appeared first on Patricia's Creative Corner.
September 23, 2020
Kia Ora Koutou Welcome back to Inspiration Wednesday and we have some a brand new release to celebrate today. These new Sentiments Stamps and Dies are amazing to add something special to your cards. Products Used: Elaborate Birthday Cling Stamp Set, HCPC-3937Elaborate Birthday Die, HCD1-7322Purr-fect Posies...
The post Happy Birthday Asters appeared first on Patricia's Creative Corner.